A session description:
The talk will discuss the challenges of the increasing number of delivery approaches for organisation initiatives. This goes wider than just basic waterfall and agile methodologies, and includes change management, commissioning and any combination of the above. Each method has specific certification, terminology and evangelists/best practice ‘experts’. As a professional project manager, do I need to know them all? How do I choose what method is most appropriate? Is it my choice? What else do I need to be in place?
Eileen is an experienced PMO and PPM Consultant and Trainer, specialising in the development and delivery of bespoke training and consultancy to help organisations improve their delivery capability – across all the project delivery roles including sponsors, project managers, project team members and PMO. Her clients come from a range of industry sectors including transport, finance, pharmaceuticals, defence, utilities and the public sector.
Eileen has 15 years practitioner experience in a variety of project management roles (predominantly PMO management) along with IT and functional HR roles. She has had departmental (line management), team (matrix management) and P&L accountability up to Managing Director of a £4.5m business. These roles have had a variety of UK, EMEA and global responsibilities.
Eileen is passionate about the practical application of project management and works with a direct, pragmatic approach, coupled with an infectious enthusiasm to ensure good practice is used to best effect within the culture and maturity of the organisation.
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (PMO/P3O)
- Benefits Management
- Project Management Methods and Tools
- Role profiling and competency assessment
- Development of project management delivery methods and governance for organisations with low project maturity.
- Development of competency assessment tool, bespoke competency framework and assessment centres.
- Design and global delivery of a programme of change management webinars.
- Initiator and lead implementation for the global implementation of a company-wide project delivery method and support tool (EPM).
- Set up of an EMEA IT Programme Office.
- Design and implementation of a recharging model for all IT work across EMEA.
- Set up and ongoing management of a programme office to support SAP rollout through Great Britain and Ireland.
- Design, development, delivery and compliance management of a global SAP implementation and project management method.
Publications and Contribution to the Profession
- Lead Author for P3O® Best Management Practice
- Contributing author to Gower’s Programme Management Handbook (2016)
- Contributing author to Gower’s Portfolio Management Handbook (in progress)
- Contribution to APM BoK and Competency Framework
- Committee Member and PMO Knowledge Authority for the APM PMOSIG
- Member of the APM SIG Steering Group
- Regular conference speaker